Opportunity for 1 - 2 years PQE to join Hansel Henson
We are looking to recruit a solicitor with one to two years post qualification experience in contentious IP. A good mix of work for clients that range from start-ups to multinationals. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a friendly and talented IP and Digital Media legal team in Central London. It is a growing firm where there are great opportunities for career progression and client contact.
Strictly no agencies.
- Mainly contentious work, but candidate will also be asked to do non-contentious work from time to time.
- All forms of contentious trade mark law as well as other IP dispute work and some general commercial litigation.
- Running your own files and assisting on larger matters, supervised by the solicitors at the firm.
Skills, requirements and experience
- A good law degree or non-law degree and conversion course;
- Must have good experience of trade mark disputes, including drafting cease and desist letters, settlement agreements, dealing with cases in at least IPEC and the High Court;
- Experience in filing trade mark applications, registry oppositions and cancellation actions advantageous but not essential;
- Sat in an IP or commercial seat during training contract;
- Strong interest generally in intellectual property and digital media law;
- Must possess excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- Be professional, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have excellent attention to detail; and
- Possess good IT skills and be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.